Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022 |
Share this story
LIHU‘E — Government agencies have issued the following alerts for Kaua‘i as of 7:38 a.m. Saturday:
• High wind advisory in effect until 6 p.m. today for Kaua‘i and Ni‘ihau
• Flash flood watch is in effect until 6 a.m. Saturday.
• High surf advisory extended until 6 p.m. Sunday for the windward side of Kaua‘i
• Brown water advisory until further notice
• Water Department water conservation alert for Kilauea, Kilihiwai, Pu‘u Pane and Waipake areas while DOT works to repair one of two wells that service the communities.
• Kuhio Highway
– in the vicinity of mile marker 22.5 in Kilauea, with northbound traffic diverted to Kolo Road while southbound traffic is being redirected to Pili Road
• Ohiki Road in Hanalei as of 8:49 a.m.
• Kapahi bridge at the Kawaihau and Kahuna road junction will be closed for repairs until at least the middle of next week
• Hanalei bridge has one lane open for traffic.
• Kapule Highway near the Kaua‘i Marriott has been cleared of debris and is now open in both directions
• Kapa‘a Bypass
• Junction of Rice Street and Kapule in Lihu‘e
– at Kumole Road in Anahola
– in the vicinity of the Wailua Golf Course (some detours)
– south of Kalihiwai Bridge near mile marker 25
– in the vicinity of Lumaha‘i
• Ka‘apuni Road in Kapahi is now open. It was closed early Friday morning due to downed utility lines and a downed tree.
• Anini Road leading to Anini Beach in Hanalei
• Kalihiwai Road (west) heading toward Kalihiwai Beach in Kilauea
• Hanalei refuse transfer station remains closed until further notice.
• Kapa‘a refuse transfer station has reopened and is accepting green waste.
• Green waste is only being accepted at the Hanapepe refuse transfer station until further notice.
THE KAUAI BUS
• Has resumed service to Kilauea Gym
• Limited service due to the highway closure in Wailua
• All routes from Hanamaulu to Mana operational, however, bus service cannot be provided beyond Hanamaulu due to the highway closure
• Service has resumed to Princeville
• Service to Hanalei will resume when the road has two lanes of traffic open.
• Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park due to damage to the Kalalau trail spotted this morning when Kaua‘i State Parks staff and rockfall experts conducted a helicopter fly over to check on conditions along the Na Pali Coast. Bridges on the way to the park trailhead are closed. State park crews will make repairs after the bridges are reopened.
• Lydgate Park
• Wailua Golf Course
• Lydgate Park beach cleanup scheduled for Saturday
• Drag Racing scheduled for Saturday
• KIF Golf scheduled for Saturday
• KIF Tennis between Kaua‘i and Island School for Saturday
• The American Red Cross reports that is has opened a shelter at the Kapa‘a Middle School cafeteria for those who cannot stay in their homes due to flooding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
• For shelter assistance, call Civil Defense at 241-1800.
• For damage reports, call Hawai‘i State Civil Defense (toll free) at 855-211-7456, ext. 654.
• For up-to-the-minute weather updates, visit the National Weather Service online at www.prh.noaa.gov/pr/hnl/.
• For road closures, the county advises contacting Kaua‘i Police Department’s traffic and information line at 241-1725 for recorded information.
• For power outage, contact KIUC at 246-4300.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.
Get the latest email updates about the coronavirus outbreak — it's FREE!