Tuesday, May 17, 2022 |
Share this story
LIHU‘E — Kaua‘i Hospice announced in a release that the biggest selling female Hawaiian group in the world, Na Leo, will be performing at the 22nd Annual Concert in the Sky celebration on July 4 at Vidinha Stadium in Lihu‘e.
The Concert in the Sky is the island’s largest aerial fireworks display and the largest single-day event on Kaua‘i. 2011 marks the 22nd anniversary of Kaua‘i Hospice’s Concert in the Sky and features another all-star line-up of entertainment with plenty of food, fun and games for the entire family.
More than 730 volunteers, including the Hawai‘i Firefighters Association, provide over 6,445 hours to this annual Independence Day celebration, which would not be possible without the generous support of numerous event sponsors.
Last year’s Concert in the Sky drew over 5,000 attendees.
Gates open at 4 p.m. with non-stop entertainment sponsored by First Hawaiian Bank.
Na Leo serves as the headlining act and The Quake will be back for two performances again this year, including the popular after-party. Ivo Monroe Miller and Kimo & Ka‘iulani will be the early entertainment, followed by the Ori Uvira Tahitian Dance Troup.
Kaua‘i’s largest aerial fireworks show, sponsored by King Auto Center, is the cornerstone of the celebration. A drawing for a trip to Las Vegas, a beautiful handmade quilt from the No Nene Quilt Group, as well as other items will be offered as part of the silent auction and benefit drawing. Free patriotic face painting, massage and Healing Touch are included in the price of admission.
There is also a keiki Fun Zone sponsored by Safeway, water slides and bounce houses and plenty of ono food from Kaua`i’s top resorts and restaurants.
Advanced tickets are $10 for adults; $5 for keiki 6 to 12; keiki under 5 are free.
Tickets are available until July 3 at Kaua‘i Hospice, Big Save Markets and Menehune Food Marts and K-Mart in Lihu‘e.
This year, a special “Family Fun Pak” with two adult and two keiki tickets will be offered for advanced purchase only at the Kaua‘i Hospice office.
The “Family Fun Pak” is $25 and is only available until July 1. Adult tickets are $15 and keiki 6 to 12 are $7 at the gate on July 4.
Founded in 1983 by a small group of dedicated and passionate volunteers, Kaua‘i Hospice has developed into a professionally staffed, Medicare and Medicaid certified organization.
Kaua‘i Hospice celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2008 and remains the only hospice care provider on the Garden Island. Kaua‘i Hospice sustained the winds of ‘Iwa and ‘Iniki and remains steadfast in its mission to ensure the highest quality of life possible for individuals and their families facing a life-threatening illness; to provide bereavement support to individuals, and to promote an understanding of hospice services.
To learn more about Kaua‘i Hospice or any of the hospice programs or services, call 808-245-7277 or visit the website at www.kauaihospice.org. Kaua‘i Hospice is a proud participating agency of the Kaua‘i United Way.
Kaua‘i Hospice appreciates your cooperation and compliance with the following:
• No bottles, cans, or other beverage containers allowed.
• No alcohol, tents or pets allowed within the event or parking area.
• Bring your beach blanket or low-backed sand chair.
• Chairs should not block the view of the person behind you — we appreciate your kokua in placing taller chairs further back on the field.
• Umbrellas are allowed as long as they do not block the view of others around you.
• This is a non-smoking event.
• Designated parking areas are the Vidinha Stadium parking lot and the Lihu‘e Land lot (mauka of Ho‘olako Street).
• The VIP parking area is reserved for cars with Hospice VIP Parking Passes.
• Handicapped parking and access is available inside the soccer field — entry located on Ho‘olako Street next to the Lihu‘e Land lot — and at designated handicap stalls in the stadium parking lot.
• If you have a disability and need assistance or an auxiliary aid, please call 245-7277 at least four days prior to the event.
• No tailgating or loitering. No alcohol, fireworks or tents will be allowed in the parking areas.
• No parking will be allowed along Kapule Highway or on Ho‘olako Street (north side of the soccer field). Cars parked in these areas will be subject to citation.
• No parking will be permitted in airport parking, except in designated parking areas.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
By participating in online discussions you
acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful
discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments
are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines,
send us an email.