• Small business success workshop
• Certified payroll workshop
• SBA offers loan consultations
• Outlook and opportunities seminar
• Green building workshop for homes
Small business success workshop
• Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at the Princeville Community Center, 4334 Emmalani Drive.
• The free, two-hour session will help existing small businesses make a business plan, tips for marketing, potential growth opportunities, financial resources and an economic outlook for the state.
• Sponsored by the Kaua‘i North Shore Business Council and Hawai‘i Small Business Development Center Network’s Kaua‘i Center and presented by Diana Shaw, SBDC’s Kaua‘i director.
• Registration and light refreshments begin at 9 a.m. Pre-registration is recommended by Oct. 14 by calling 826-3396.
• Visit www.knsbc.org for info.
Certified payroll workshop
• Tuesday at Kaua‘i Community College Tech Center.
• The Contractors Association of Kaua‘i and the state Department of Labor are sponsoring a certified payroll workshop for general contractors and specialty or sub-contractors who do public works projects for state and county governments in Hawai‘i. Workshop will address wage standards division procedures, wage and hours laws for employees on public works projects, penalty and appeal provisions of the law, and the dos and don’ts of certified payroll.
• Advance registration is required. Call 246-2662.
SBA offers loan consultations
• Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Bank of Hawaii, 4455 Rice St.
• Free consultations on the resources available from the SBA, including loans for working capital, long-term financing to purchase or renovate business real estate or major equipment, government contracting certifications and assistance. SBA Business Development Specialist Kim Hite will be available for 30-minute appointments.
• Call 541-2990, ext. 212, to make an appointment, or visit www.sba.gov/hi to register.
Outlook and opportunities seminar
• Thursday, 6 p.m., at Gaylord’s restaurant in Puhi.
• Edward Jones Financial Advisor Rob Lansdell of Kalaheo will offer an investment strategies seminar, including a current economic outlook, the impact of political and social events on the financial markets and the importance of maintaining a long-term investment strategy.
• Free, but seating is limited. Call 332-7469 to make a reservation.
Green building workshop for homes
• Thursday, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., at the Kapa‘a Dragon Building, 4504 Kukui St., suite 7.
• Allen Associates will host a free workshop with renowned green builder Dennis Allen on how to make your home project healthier, more energy-efficient and have lower maintenance.
• Call 884-8777, ext. 118, for reservations.