Join business, government and community leaders in the renewable energy sector for a conference on the latest projects, challenges, tools and solutions to develop a sustainable energy future for Kaua‘i. Keynote speakers include:
Maurice Kaya (Former GTO of DBEDT), Senator Daniel K. Inouye, and Senator Gary L. Hooser (NB: Lt. Governor Duke Aiona has been invited); other feature speakers include Bill Parks, Jr. (Deputy Asst. Secretary , U.S. Dept. of Energy) and Rep. Mina Morita (Chair, Hawai‘i House of Rep. Energy & Environment Protection Committee).
Registration fee is $75/person (includes breakfast and lunch both days) or $350 for a group of five. Limited scholarships available.
To register contact Susan Tai at 245-6692 or email@example.com.
• 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. — Registration
• 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. — Opening session
• 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. — Keynote speech, Kaua‘i: An Island in Transition, Creating the New Prosperity for the Garden Island with Maurice Kaya, energy and management consultant and former GTO of DBEDT
• 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. — Break
• 9:45 a.m. to Noon — Status, Challenges and Opportunities for Renewable Energy Projects on Kaua‘i (Panel)
• Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Lunch presentation: Renewable Energy in the State of Hawai`i Lt. Governor Duke Aiona (Invited)
• 1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. — Presentation: Giving the Green Light (Panel)
• 3:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Break
• 3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. — Presentation: Waste Not, Want Not (Panel)
• 4:45 to 5 p.m. — Closing with Maurice Kaya and William Parks, Jr.
• 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. — Registration
• 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. — Keynote speech with Senator Daniel K. Inouye
• 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Presentation: Thinking Outside the Box (Panel)
• 10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. BREAK
• 10:45 a.m. to Noon — Presentation: Next Steps and Solutions for Kaua‘i’s Energy Future with Maurice Kaya and William Parks, Jr.
• Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Lunch presentation with Senator Gary L. Hooser, Hawai‘i Senate, District 7 (Kaua‘i and Ni‘ihau)
•1:30 p.m. — Conclusion