This week: Dustin Gonzales, Koloa
By the garden island
• Family: Family lives on the Big Island
• Occupation: Drywall, construction
• Hobbies: “I can’t say I surf, but I’ve been trying to learn. So I’ll say water adventures.”
• What do you like most about The Garden Island?
“I don’t own a TV so that’s the only source of island news I can get.”
• What do you like most about living on Kaua‘i?
“I like that, coming from the Mainland, I’m lucky enough to live on an island. I know that my friends and family on the Mainland would love to come here and visit for a week or so. I get to live here.”
• If you could change one thing about life on Kaua‘i, what would it be?
“Twenty-four hour clubs and places to eat.”
To be considered for inclusion in the Kama‘aina Voices, please contact Lanaly Cabalo, lifestyle writer, at 245-3681 (ext. 237) or firstname.lastname@example.org.