Easter services and celebrations will be going on throughout the island. Here is a listing of a few of the celebrations submitted to The Garden Island, taken from this week’s Community Calendars.
• Members of the King’s Chapel will have an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Hanapepe Football Stadium. Admission is free. Call 335-6845 for more information.
• The newly re-formed Handbell Choir of the Koloa Union Church will be performing with the Church Choir at their Easter Sunday services starting at 10:30 a.m. The Youth Group of the church will be preparing an Easter Breakfast prior to the Easter Sunday Service, beginning at 7:30 a.m. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt for the children at 9 a.m.
• Resurrection Sunday for the Lihue Lutheran Church will start with a sunrise service with Communion led by the youth at 6 a.m., followed by an Easter breakfast at 7 a.m. The Service of Light and Communion will be at 8 a.m. with an egg hunt at 8 a.m. The Feastal Service of Holy Communion will start at 10:30 a.m. For more information, call 245-2145.
• New Hope Church members will hold their Easter celebration Sunday from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Wilcox Elementary School Cafeteria.
• Members of the North Shore Christian Church will hold an Easter prayer and worship Vigil tomorrow at 7 p.m. and an Easter service on Sunday starting at 9:30 a.m. There will be an egg hunt, water slide and family potluck following the service.
• Members of the United Christian Fellowship of Kauai will be start their Easter Sunrise Service Sunday at 6 a.m. and lasting till 7:30 a.m. Call Pastor Tammey Faford, 822-9273, for more information.