No injuries in Koloa garage fire

No one was hurt Saturday night when Kaua‘i Fire Department firefighters were called to put out a fire in a garage in Koloa.

When firefighters arrived at 2378 Kipuka St., the fire was extinguished, said KFD Battalion Chief Russell Yee. A small monkeypod wood slab was burned, and a citronella candle burning nearby may have been the cause of the fire, said Yee.

Firefighters from the Koloa fire station responded at 7:23 p.m. to the incident.

Yee asked people to take precautions with citronella candles during mosquito season.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, send us an email.