• Family “My wife and I moved here three years ago.”
• Employment “I’m semi-retired. I run a fish market with a cafe attached to it.”
• Hobbies “I love traveling and sitting on the beach.”
• What do you like most about The Garden Island? “I like the fact that it has a minimal amount of Mainland negation.
It deals with, for the most part, Hawai‘i and local issues.”
• What do you like most about living on Kaua‘i? “The fact that this is the most remote place. It’s the greatest place to live on the face of the planet. I love the pace of living, the pace of life. At least right now the traffic isn’t so bad.”
• If you could change one thing about life on Kaua‘i, what would it be? “Local politicians, for lack of being educated themselves, on the know-how to shoulder development. The pace of development is insane. I would never have let this happen if I could. I’d very much like to share my feelings about Kaua‘i’s beauty and how the out of control growth could put the ugly on it real quick.”
• To be considered for inclusion in Kama‘aina Voices, contact Lanaly Cabalo, lifestyle writer, at 245-3681 (ext. 237) or firstname.lastname@example.org.