LIHU‘E — The outstanding county employees from the various departments will be honored during a banquet on April 20 at the Kaua‘i Marriott Resort & Beach Club.
Annually, county leaders honor various outstanding employees from the different departments at a recognition banquet, and along with the outstanding employees, recognition is also bestowed upon those employees who have put in certain numbers of years of service.
This year’s banquet will have the following outstanding employees recognized for their contributions:
• Art Umezu from the Office of Economic Development;
• Harry Beatty from the Finance Department;
• Kalani Telles of the Kaua‘i Fire Department;
• Alan Yamagata of the Ocean Safety Bureau, which operates under the KFD;
• Kaui Tanaka of the Office of the Mayor;
• Patricia Gonsalves of the Offices of Community Assistance Agency on Elderly Affairs;
• Terry Souza, Offices of Community Assistance, Housing Agency;
• John Martin, Offices of Community Assistance Recreation Agency;
• Lance Gonsalves, Offices of Community Assistance Transportation Agency;
• Barbara Pendragon of the Planning Department;
• Sgt. Marvin Rivera of the Kaua‘i Police Department;
• Dorothy Miller of the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney;
• Wilbert Cummings Jr., Department of Public Works;
• Melanie Luis, Department of Public Works;
• Leonard Vierra, Department of Public Works;
• Lawrence Taguma, Department of Water.
For information on tickets, people may contact Theresa Koki at 241-6246, or Kathy Kanahele at the county Department of Personnel Services, 241-6595.