Island Air officials in a press release said they are expanding their interisland service with two new nonstop routes connecting Maui with Lana‘i and Kaua‘i.
The daily nonstop flight between Lihu‘e Airport and Kapalua West Maui Airport begins June 1.
Beginning on April 2, they will offer nonstop service between Kahului, Maui, and Lana‘i City, Lana‘i.
Island Air leaders decided to add the 20-minute flight to enhance travel options for residents of Lana‘i, and offer guests of the Four Seasons Resorts a direct connection from Kahului.
“We continue to invest in the community of West Maui, and the Kapalua route will give both visitors and residents a more-convenient, nonstop travel option,” said Les Murashige, Island Air chief operating officer and a former Kaua‘i resident.
“We are adding these new routes to serve both Hawai‘i residents and tourists,” said Murashige.
“Whether visiting family and friends, going shopping, or for vacation, these daily flights will provide more travel options, and bring destinations within easier reach.”
One-way tickets for both new routes start as low as $69. Travelers who book on Island Air’s Web site at www.islandair.com will receive a 10-percent discount on all fares.
Reservations for the two new routes are now being accepted.
The daily flight from Lihu‘e to Kapalua will leave Lihu‘e at 11:45 a.m., and arrive in Kapalua at 12:45 p.m. The return flight leaves Kapalua at 1:05 p.m., arriving in Lihu‘e at 2:05 p.m.
Island Air leaders continue to make travel more convenient for customers by offering:
• Free same-day standby travel for ticketed passengers;
• One flat, low fee, to change a ticket’s date or time, as long as the route does not change;
• Partnership with Cendant Rental Cars, the parent company of Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car, to offer special rates and seamless one-stop air and car reservations;
• Code-sharing partnerships with Aloha Airlines, Continental Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines;
• Ten-percent discounts on all fares when reservations are made on the Island Air Web site, islandair.com;
• Island Express, at-home Web check-in;
• Local charter-flight options to meet travelers’ specific needs.
Island Air now offers 92 daily flights between the islands of O‘ahu (Honolulu International Airport), Maui (Kahului Airport and Kapalua West Maui Airport), Moloka‘i (Ho‘olehua Airport), Lana‘i (Lana‘i City Airport), Kaua‘i (Lihu‘e Airport), and the Big Island (Hilo International Airport and Kona International Airport).