• Breast-cancer presentations set at Kaua‘i Community FCU
• Band booster meeting is Monday
• Weight Watchers group forming
Breast-cancer presentations set at Kaua‘i Community FCU
There will be a breast cancer and health awareness presentation on Wednesday, at the Kaua‘i Community Federal Credit Union main office on Hardy Street and ‘Elua Street in Lihu‘e.
Sessions are scheduled at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. The sessions will be conducted by wellness consultant Waynella McNeil.
The public is invited to attend the free sessions, though seating is limited.
Call Connie Clausen at 246-4800 to reserve a spot, or for more information.
According to the American Cancer Society, more than 200,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year, and more than 40,000 patients will die.
Band booster meeting is Monday
A Waimea High School Menehune Band meeting for parents and supporters is set for Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS band room, according to a press release.
Topics include the upcoming band competition trip itinerary, expenses, and fund-raising.
The meeting is free and open to the public.
For more information, please call 337-1998, or 338-6810, ext. 166.
Weight Watchers group forming
South Shore residents said in a press release they are looking for people who would be interested in starting a Weight Watchers group in Koloa.
They said 15 people are needed to start a new group.
Those interested should call Sandy at 742-1875, and leave a message with choice of meeting day and time.
The Garden Island corrects errors of fact in news stories. If you notice an error, please contact us at one of the numbers listed below.
• The wrong contact telephone number was listed on the Calendar page (C2) of the Thursday paper for the Sierra Club hike along Larson’s Beach on the Eastside on Saturday. Contact person is Karen Tilley. She may be reached at 335-5423.
• The wrong telephone number was also listed on the Calendar page (C2) of the Thursday paper for the Eckhart Tolle Silent Group. Contact person is Bob, 821-1932, for more information.