Public Meetings scheduled for the coming week include:
Board of Ethics
Feb. 4, 9 a.m.
Conference room of the mayor’s office
– Review of disclosure statements for the Liquor Control Commission, Planning Commission, County Attorney’s Office, Kaua’i Police Department, Status of Women, Civil Service Commission and Kaua’i County Council.
Kaua’i Historic Preservation Review Commission
Feb. 6, 3 p.m.
4444 Rice Street in Lihu’e
– Announcements and general matters.
– New business on repair and maintenance work at the manager’s cottage at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens in Lawai.
Kaua’i County Council Committee Meeting
Feb. 6, 4:30 p.m.
Historic County Building
– Letter from Sen. Gary Hooser asking to appeaser before the council to discuss Kaua’i’s legislative issues.
– Letter from councilman Mel Rapozo asking the administration provide maintenance cost for three proposed sports fields at Lydgate Park.
– Letter from councilman James Kanane Tokioka asking that administration officials be present at a council meeting to discuss the proposed sports fields and other parks and sports complexes.
– Resolution for an integrated county land transportation plan.
– Letter from council chairman Kaipo Asing asking that the grubbing, grading and stockpiling bill be sent to the council’s parks and public works committee.
– Letter from Asing inviting board members and staff of the Kauai Island Utility Co-op to a meeting of the council’s committee of the whole to give update on the transition of Kauai Electric utility to the co-op.