Kauai County Council Meeting Nov. 14, 1 p.m. Historic County Building
– Property tax exemptions for charitable purposes and setting of public hearing.
– Kaua’i police request to apply for $16,442 in federal grants and use to buy computer equipment for background check of police applicants and for related training.
– Kaua’i police request for $5,067 in state funds for projects to reduce sale of tobacco to underage purchasers.
– Letter from Mayor Maryanne Kusaka confirming her appointment of Theodore A. Daligdig III, representing labor, and Lawrence Chaffin Jr. to fulfill term of non-registered position, to the Kaua’i County Planning Commission.
– Action on using volunteers to enforce parking laws for disability stalls.
Kaua’i County Council Public Hearings Nov. 14, 2 p.m. Historic County Building
– A bill prohibiting uses at parks and recreational facilities.
– A bill proposing the use of $300,000 in unappropriated surplus funds for Kaua’i County’s share for a special election for the congressional seat left by the late-House Rep. Patsy Mink.
Kaua’i Police Commission Nov. 15, 1:30 p.m. Historic County Building
– Crystal meth (ice) presentation.
– Presentations for Det. Marvin Rivera, employee of the month in September, and
Sgt. Ezra Kanoho, employee of the month in October.
– Reports by the investigative bureau division and patrol division.
– Hiring of police officers.
– Expenses related to the Kaua’i police department move to its new headquarters off Kapule Highway.