Six of the eight sailboats racing to Hanalei Bay have now finished this 2,120 mile race from San Francisco.
There were two boats still due in as of the 9:00 AM (PDT) radio check on Sunday, June 30.
The boats started the race in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) and their times have been kept using the same standard.
After all of the boats have finished, the winners will be determined by applying their ‘ratings’ to their elapsed times.
There are two classes; ULDB and Displacement, with four boats racing in each class.
Rusalka finished at precisely midnight – 00:00:00 PDT Sunday, June 30.
Seabird finished at 01:24:23 PDT Sunday morning.
Westerly has finished at 11:15:57 PDT Sunday mid-morning, coming in under poled-out twin headsails and reefed main. 0900 hours radio check in – via VHF from Steve Wilson on board Westerly, now anchored in Hanalei Bay.
Transpac Yacht Race
San Francisco to Hanalei Bay
– Rusalka, finished 6/30 00:00:00 PDT
– Alchera finished 6/28 11:04:15 PDT
– Tease finished 6/29 17:12:10 PDT
– Endangered Species NF
– Seabird finished 6/30 01:24:23 PDT
– Zapped finished 6/29 00:01:04 PDT
– Westerly, finished 6/30 11:15:57 PDT
– Haulback NF Six boats finish 2,120 mile TransPac race Six boats finish 2,120 mile TransPac race