What’s up with Kaua’i leaders? The ten things that drive you nuts, and not only
1. The lights are not synchronized from Kapa’a to Lihu’e. Why we need
to make a study.
2. Runway expansion? But no roads to control the flow of
traffic from Kapa’a to Lihu’e.
3. Junk car problem all over island, but no
one wants to recycle them as reefs, when other Pacific islands are doing it.
Also it would make jobs for troubled youth.
4. County Council won’t pass an
ordinance supporting Public Law 103-150 concerning the aboriginal peoples’
right to run their own affairs.
5. Pay raises — tell that to all the
people laid off from down-sizing and single mothers.
6. Endangered species
are more protected than the Native Hawaiian/Kanaka; example, turtle, seal ‘ilio
ika holoika, waua waua, honu. But none to stop quick claim titles against
Kanaka/Hawaiians even on Hawaiian Home Lands, a federal trust?
7. Trips to
other countries. Fine, but take everybody who pays taxes. It’s the tax payer’s
8. Experts on the ‘aina from where on the mainland? l was always
taught this: Why do they come here to change our lifestyles when the mainland
is not a good example and always try to make it like there, when there is a lot
of local kupuna who have worked the land and protected the ocean, kahakai.
9. Selling land to big developers, none Hawai’i residents. You’re only
killing your children by making it impossible to have a home through greed,
speculation, and no affordable housing for your children.
10. Aloha for
sale, not good. Aloha means moral people acting in a moral way. It’s not meant
to be sold. Go ask the kupuna at Alu Like.
Note: All this can be fixed.
Vote for change. Use the system to change it.