Meaning of ‘Happy New Year’
We are celebrating at home, in business places, restaurants, parks and beaches. Yes, we are excited or even exhilarated about arrival of 2018!
Let wise person within us reflect:
Did we fulfill all the resolutions we made in 2017 and before:
• Watching our diet, exercising and controlling weight
• Not using alcohol and drugs, and not gambling
• Having success in work and business
• Not to be in debt
• Improving marriage
• Improving parenting
• Caring for our environment, and
• Volunteering services for our community.
How about not making a list of all resolutions; and right now, show gratitude for:
• Gift of life
• Wonders of universe
• Blessings of body and mind
• Love and caring of family, friends, teachers, employers, co-workers and leaders;
And make commitment for improving:
• Physical health
• Emotional health
• Intellectual health
• Social health, and
• Spiritual health.
Yes, such a health is a wealth.
Let this commitment be for today and throughout 2018 to give true meaning to “Happy New Year,” and feel fulfilled in our journey of life!
Krishna Kumar, Kalaheo