Friday, Nov. 3
• Nordic Walking for Seniors, Lihue: 8:30 to 10 a.m. Lihue Neighborhood Center. Walking sticks for class are provided. No cost for seniors (55 up). 822-4599, email@example.com
• Pop-up sale: 5 to 8 p.m., Hanapepe Public Library. Vendors will be selling items.
Saturday, Nov. 4
• Talk story and piano concert with Monica Chung: 1 to 3 p.m. St. Michael & All Angels’ Episcopal Church, Lihue. Details and reservations: www.kauai-concert.org.
• Getting a Grip on Arthritis video teleconference: 8:30 a.m. to noon. Wilcox Medical Center. Learn about what causes knee pain, today’s treatment options, and the latest robotic-assisted total and partial knee replacement technology offered at Wilcox Bone & Joint Center.
• Learn American Heart Association First Aid, CPR and proper AED usage: 9 to 11 a.m. Heartsaver First Aid; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Heartsaver CPR and AED — adult, child and infant. Hearts4kauai is offering a full training day of these AHA courses. Online training is also available with an in-person skills check. Fees vary depending on modules needed. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 652-1284
• Beach House restaurant holiday craft fair: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All Hawaii-made products. Over 25 local vendors. 5022 Lawai Road in Poipu.
• Veterans Day Parade: Beginning at 9:30 a.m. along Rice Street in Lihue, with program, entertainment and more to follow at Historic County Building. Info: 246-1135
• Arbor Day plant giveaway: 9 a.m. to noon, back parking lot of Big KMart in Lihue.
• Community Caring Day: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lawai International Center. Bring hand gardening tools if you have them. If you plan on going, email LM@hawaii.rr.com or call 639-4300.
• College is Possible: 5 p.m., Kauai Veteran’s Center. Are you concerned with the cost of college? Deborah Ching will speak on how to avoid student loan debt and secure scholarships. Open to middle and high school students and parents. Free. Registration required.
Sunday, Nov. 5
• Fine hand-woven rainforst basket sale: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Princeville Community Center.
• Free movie: “Sonic Sea” will be shown at 6:30 p.m. at the Kapaa Public Library. The film is a look at how sound is intregral to sea life.
Tuesday, Nov. 7
• Love and Respect marriage class: 7 p.m. Kauai Bible Church. Free. Male/female relationship-building classes. Come by yourself or with a partner. Single, engaged, divorced also welcome.
Wednesday, Nov. 8
• Navy Draft EIS/OEIS: 4 to 8 p.m. Kauai Veterans Center. The Navy is holding public meetings to provide information and an opportunity for the public to comment on the Draft EIS/OEIS. According to a press release, the Navy has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Overseas Environmental Impact Statement to re-evaluate potential environmental impacts associated with ongoing military readiness activities, which include training and research, development, testing, and evaluation activities conducted within the Hawaii-Southern California training and testing areas.
• AARP Meeting: 11:30 a.m. potluck; 12:30 p.m. speaker. 4444 Rice Street, Conference Rm B. The local chapter of AARP meets to discuss community activities, socialize and learn something new. If you need a ride: Stu Burley, 651-1111.
Friday, Nov. 3